12.1.09

Must See Movie 01


The documentary King of Kong is "the story of a middle-school science teacher and a hot sauce mogul who compete for the Guinness World Record on the arcade classic, Donkey Kong" according to IMDB. But it is way more than that. It is really an inside look at a level of geekdom that is fascinating and a little scary. The movie itself is well made and the real life characters are intriguing and even a little inspiring. Worth watching if for nothing else than to imagine that one of the main players in this movie achieved a perfect score on Pacman by completing all 255 levels and eating every dot, fruit, ghost and energizer.

4 comments:

John said...

It really was a great movie. The ego of the pac-man-perfect-score guy is just mind-boggling.

Anonymous said...

Added to my Queue, sounds right up my alley. Thanks for the tip.

-Jameson

Aaron said...

Jameson, let me know what you think. Hope you are well.

Anonymous said...

Aaron, I am well, thanks. I finally got to watch this. I spent the last 40% of the movie angry, as I felt I was watching a big Bully make the rules. I was semi satisfied to see how things panned out in the end. It was enjoyable over all.

-Jameson