12.5.08

Savethebreakfastsandwich.com


Finally a forum for my irritation with the leadership at Starbucks. Have you tried their breakfast sandwich? They are great. And I am annoyed that it is all going away. They are tasty and not over priced or overly filling. And you know what? I think that the big guy at Starbucks needs to wake up to the reality that the spasmodic growth years are in the rearview mirror. Returning to nipples on the logo, sample-size fresh brew and a waft of coffee aroma are not going to them back to the hyper expansion that had them on a pace to have one starbucks location per person by the year 2050. You know what else? That is ok. The food is the primary reason I visit Starbucks (gasp) now that the novelty of a great cup of coffee has worn off a tad. BTW: I am hopeful for my sandwich future because the egg salad is excellent and the veggie wrap sublime. But seriously they managed do outdo Dunkin Dounuts, Fresh City and all the rest of the locals with the creatively delicious hot sandwiches and now they are going to give it up. Sounds to me like greed.

No comments: