17.6.08

office status symbol


I know this is old news but we have been looking at chairs around here I thought it would be worth mentioning this classic. They claim "It adapts naturally and adjusts precisely to fit people of all sizes and postures doing all kinds of activities, all day long". I have sat in it several times and there is no doubt that it is comfortable but I think it is also a little like the wave radio or the BMW 3 series in that we have all been told so many times how fantastic it is that we have stopped evaluating it for ourselves on the actual merits of the design. In the case of the Aeron, it is a little too Dyson/Sci Fi contraption like for me and what is with the $1200 price tag?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.

John said...

Slashdot recently asked the tech community what the best chair is, and of course the Aeron came up (as well as a claim that it causes restless leg syndrome). Some interesting alternatives are offered, but none as cool as I've been told to think the Aeron is.
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/12/1815232