20.6.08

Aperion Audio


I was thinking about Aperion last night. The speakers are really amazing sounding and the finish on the cases is incredible. I am not even sure how they achieve that totally seem-less look. It must be a ton of hand finishing. Amazing. It is also amazing how little proportions and details have changed in the audio category in general even though the technology has evolved considerably. This picture, for example, is of a Tivoli radio and I think that my father had a very similar radio in the 60's. I know some of that is intentional but I suspect some is not and this category seems to be the best example of the inverse relationship between technological innovation and aesthetic innovation. It works for Aperion (aperionaudio.com) but not so well for the item pictured. In fact, after almost a year, the only criticism I have of Aperion is that they promised me a free Tshirt and hat and both have yet to arrive.

No comments: