20.6.08

Hulk


It is painful to type this because I know a couple of people that worked really hard on the movie, sorry Andrew, but the new Hulk movie is almost as lame as the last one. Ed Norton is great in his scenes but the rest of it is horrible. The animation of the Hulk is beyond cartoonish and is so overly muscular it is unbelievable. The scenes with Lou Ferrigno and Stan Lee are so heavy handed that they flow into the movie about as fluidly as a commercial break. Liv Tyler is way too emotional and intellectually vacant to ever be DR Ross. The only thing that works in the movie is Ed Norton's acting as Dr Banner and the Cinematography of Brazil. The Tony Stark Cameo is also good but poorly integrated. What a total disappointment.

3 comments:

Jameson said...

I had a feeling this would be the case. Iron Man set the bar quite high for summer movies action/and or comic based. It restored my faith in comic-to-movie pics after SpiderMan-3. I was hoping Hulk was going to one up the last Hulk in a way that Batman Begins brought back to life the dying Batman franchise. Oh well.

Aaron said...

Jameson, how are things looking? Any new developments?

Jameson said...

I am going up to Boston this weekend. I am hoping to make a great impression. The next step is closing the deal.

I will be excited as can be if this keeps heading in the right direction so I am sure an email will be shot your way next week.