7.12.08

christmas gift idea #8


If you are looking to give a gift that is a little less plastic and perhaps a little longer lasting maybe a charity is the way to go. I enjoy charitybuzz.com but I also like to give a little something to the general fund at my college, CCAD. Why give money to a college? Although I personally think teachers have it pretty easy, I donate because of the impressive level of change that is underway at the school and because I think that they teach the right balance of creative thinking and discipline. I think it is the kind of institution that is large enough to be stable and have a lasting impact but small enough to be nimble and fresh. I think they have the potential to produce the kind of people that make the world better for everyone. Also, they accept almost any denomination with sincere appreciation.

No comments: